We have made pre-arranging a funeral as easy as possible. No Salesmen. No Pressure. It's just you and your computer.
An advantage in pre-arranging (pre-paying) is that you lock-in the price of a funeral at today's costs. Some may want to get their wishes on paper without pre-paying.
When pre-arranging, remember there are seven expenses involved in a funeral.
- cemetery plot
- cemetery opening and closing
- cash outlays
- outer container
Boxwell Brothers can freeze the price on as many items as you wish. Contracts require $100.00 down with a minimum of $50.00 a month paid toward the total contract price. Some people pay monthly, some quarterly, some semi-annually, and others once a year, again you decide. The only expenses we can not help with are the cemetery plot and cemetery opening & Closing.
So a person chooses:
- outside container
- services they feel they would want
- and, they decide if they would want to put any of the other funeral expenses on the contract, then they contact us, we write the contract, and bring it by for a signature. Mike, Jim, Bart, or Brad will handle the arrangements.
Information Boxwell Brothers will need for obituaries & death certificates:
- Full name as it appears on the Birth Certificate
- Name as it is to appear in the newspaper, on memorial folders, etc. Consider the name most family and friends would recognize (i.e. William "Bill" Doe).
- How long the person has lived in Amarillo
- Date of birth
- Place of residence
- Social Security Number
- Was the person a veteran
- If a veteran, which branch, enrollment date, honorable discharge date, highest rank attained, service number
- Father's name
- Mother's name (Maiden)
- Surviving relatives
- Date of marriage/ place of marriage
- Member of civic organizations, club, or church
- Pallbearers - traditionally 6-8 (not necessary, but named if important to family)
- Place family desires to have the service
- Which cemetery the burial is to take place
- Where a family might wish memorials to be sent